Everyday Activities for Little Yogis
For children to experience the many benefits of yoga and mindfulness, they must be introduced and practiced in relaxed and playful ways, filled with positive experiences, thus enticing them to return again and again to their mats, connecting mind, body, and spirit.
Yoga By the Sea Game
Read the riddles, place your guesses, and practice the poses in this beautiful, nature-infused yoga story and guessing game, pictured below.
Sa Ta Na Ma
Build pre-writing fine motor strength, and integrate music into your yoga play by singing the "Sa Ta Na Ma" song, tapping each finger to the thumb as you sing the words.
Run on the Ceiling
Build core strength, get your wiggles out, and send some extra oxygen to the brain. This fun and silly activity provides a safe and productive way to practice gross motor skills.
Making Magic Wands
More Ways to Play with Yoga and Mindfulness
- Make a Yoga Dice Poster (or make a new one!)
- Paint Mandala Stones or Yoga Story Stones
- Hold That Pose! Who Can Hold It Longest?
- Mandala & Nature Coloring Pages
- Singing Bowl or Bell Ringing Meditation
- Do a Nature or Mandala Puzzle
- Try Out a Few Partner Poses
- Play Yoga Charades